-The most important thing to remember is to PRICE YOUR ITEM TO SELL.
- Ask yourself “How much would I be willing to pay for this?”
- In general, items should be priced between 30%-75% of the retail price.
When determining your price, take into account the brand, age, and
condition of your item.
- A helpful idea for determining the price of larger items is to search the
internet to find current retail prices.
- Here are some helpful guidelines for pricing clothing:
- Discount Department Store brands (items retail for less than $10) -
resale at $2-$5
- Chain Clothing Store brands (items retail for $10-$20) - resale at $4-$10
- Upscale Clothing and Boutiques - resale at 25%-35% of the retail price
- Single items can be priced at lower end of the scale; multiple items
(example: outfits) can be priced at higher end of the scale.
- Consider charging a little more for items that are:
- New with tags (NWT)/Never opened
- Dressy items
- Clothing sets
- Rare items
- Brand name items
- Large items
- Items in excellent condition
- Consider charging a little less for items that are:
- Items in good condition
- Older toys
- Casual clothing
- Discounting your item for 1/2 price day is a great way to get last minute
shoppers who are looking for a great deal.
Let's Grow Together
Children's Consignment Sale
Copyright © Let's Grow Together Sale, LLC. All rights reserved.